Sunday, September 28, 2008

Where did the weekend go?

Here it is... late Sunday night. Where did the weekend go?? Time just flies by! They boys kept us busy all weekend - running here, take me there... a little homework, etc. I visited my very good friend Debbie on Saturday. It was such a nice night. I always have such a great time with her! I spent half of today trying to pick up and organize in my craft room. It is amazing how much time it can take to organize!! I have a good size room and yet I am running out of space! How can that be? So, I am constantly trying to come up with better ways of organizing.

I did get to play for a little while. I finished a project that I had started last week ("What a Difference a Year Makes"). I saw this layout one time - way after my kids were babies - and they had taken a picture of their baby with a stuffed animal. Then every month, they would take another picture, in the same spot, with the same stuffed animal. They did this for a year - and then put all the pictures in a layout. I thought that was a BRILLIANT idea! And of course, way too late for me to do. (bummer!) I made a "pocket" book - chipboard covers with pockets inside using a scrapping kit from Stampin Up. You can put each month's picture on the insert - for a total of 12 pictures. It comes out so awesome - you can really see how much your little one has grown!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello again my friend! I had also seen this idea before somewhere but what you did by making a book (and a beautiful one at that) with this idea is AWESOME! I love the pockets! Talk to you soon!
Shannon Hatfield

Anonymous said...

i love this idea...i wanted to know if you could share it with me in more detail...i have a 4 month old and would love to begin something like this for her please email me cats4angie@sbcglobal.net

Tricia said...

Really cute!