Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!! It is hard to believe that 2008 has come and gone... and here we are in 2009. Well, I am happy to say that my quest for some theraputic cleaning was successful! It was fantastic! Mal and Trevor went to Tahoe... Ryan and I stayed home. I got up every day and picked something or some room, to go through. Mom would come over and help where she could.
Before he left for Tahoe, Trevor and I spent a day in his room - closet, toys, drawers, desk... everything. Then Ryan and I spent the day in his room - same thing. If I knew someone that could use something, we gave it to them. If not, it was either thrown away or bagged up to give away. I went through my closet, and all of my drawers! And books! I took everything out of the hutch, washed it, cleaned the inside glass, and got rid of what I did not need. The hutch is so nice and sparkly now! I started in the kitchen... and had the carpets shampoo'd! It was awesome! You would not believe the amount of stuff I took to the thrift store!! This is a picture from the SECOND trip!! The first trip was even more stuff!! I went to the thrift store 3 days in a row!

Of course, I had more on my list than I could really do - but that is ok. I got a ton done! It was great! The carpet cleaner (Mobile Carpet Cleaning) was fantastic. They did such a great job! I will certainly be calling them back out in the future! So, now I have re-done my list... and will continue to plug away at things little by little... But what a great feeling!

No comments: