Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Things to Remember!

Now that Christmas is over... and the New Year is on its way, I have a serious mission (well... serious to me!)... Clean and Organize!! I am off this week and plan on going to town! I am planning on doing a room a day. So far, I have been successful! On Sunday Trevor and I went through his room, and today Ryan and I went through his room. You should see how much we were able to clear out! Toys that they have had forever and don't play with anymore, clothes that don't fit, etc. Wow! Tomorrow morning I am taking a TON to the thrift store!! So, is anyone on this quest to organize??

This is a project I created for Kits 2 Remember. I used Zutter boards - and they were SO much fun! I was really happy with how this came out. The top board I covered with patterned paper. I made a chip board "template" with the bind it all, and used it on the boards so I would know where to punch, since the board is too thick to fit into my bind-it-all machine. Using a crop-o-dile, I punched holes. For the bottom board, I adhered a cork board to it (making a bulletin board). I punched holes in the board, and then on the cork before gluing the 2 pieces together. I used o-rings and the bind-it-all to bind the two pieces together. It was very fun to make!!





Happy New Year to everyone!
...Erin

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is soooo cool, Erin! I didn't know you had a blog!! Now I can put you on my list of sites to visit! I've been on the organizing kick too - my craft room had become the junk room with boxes of this and that piled high. We emptied out the room before New Year's and have been slowly finding better spots for our stuff, and condensing down where we can. Next thing I need to do is go through the girls' rooms like you did with your boys. When's your next stamp camp?