Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Snowflakes

Hi everyone,

I know that it has been a little while since I last posted. I have been busy - just like all of you - with the end of summer stuff... school shopping, school paper work, back to school, school supplies, etc., etc. But alas... the kids are in their 2nd week of school and are starting to fall into that all too familiar school routine. I, too, am hoping to get back in to that "normal" routine. Although, I ask.... what exactly is the normal routine?

A friend of mine, Deborah, is part of the Mother Goose Guild. Every year they decorate Christmas trees and they are auctioned off to raise money for CHOC (Children's Hospital of Orange County). This will be Deborah's 20th year decorating a tree. This year, I am lucky enough to be able to help her make some decorations. Her theme this year is butterflies and snowflakes. Here are some of the snowflakes. Each of these are about 5". The original piece is just plain ol' chipboard. Each was decorated with paint, patterned paper, and glitter. Each side is different.

The snowflakes below are smaller. They came in little packs of 3 chipboard snoflakes, the biggest one was about 3", with each one smaller. I decorated each one then layered and popped each layer up! They came out so nice!! now I want to make some for my tree!
I will try to post the butterflies I have done later on... They are looking pretty cool, too!
:o) Erin


1 comment:

Regina said...

Beautiful snowflakes and for such a worthy cause! It's good to see you again!