Monday, November 17, 2008

I Smell Smoke!!

I know it has been a little while since I posted. I really don't know where the time has gone. Well - actually that is not entirely true... At the beginning of November I was preparing for a weekend holiday boutique that mom and I were in. So, it seemed like most free time was spent on crafting for that. Then, this past weekend I went to a weekend scrapbook retreat. I had decided to teach a class so I spent the week prior to going getting class kits together and trying to prepare for the weekend.

On Friday morning, we were on our way to the retreat. Fires broke out in Montecito. It was crazy windy here... Then Saturday we started getting reports that fires broke out in Corona and Yorba Linda. Then fires were heading towards Chino Hills, Diamond Bar and Brea! Mom was evacuated from her place in south Chino Hills. Malcolm was holding down the fort... and keeping an eye on the fire's progress. Below are some pictures he took Saturday night.

This was a picture from the top of the hill,
looking down towards mom's house.
This picture was taken from the front
of our house.
Mal took this picture standing in the street
in front of our drive way. You can even see our
street sign and the houses going down
Monteclaro.

Crazy, huh? Today the fires are about 50% contained. They are no longer threatening our area. A big SALUTE to all the firefighters. What an amazing job they do!

So - I promise to try and get a project together and post it for you! Until next time.......

No comments: