Sunday, July 20, 2008

July 20, 2008 Me? Create a blog?

Well - here I am trying to figure out how to create a blog! I guess there is a first time for everything, right? I have to admit - I don't have the faintest idea what I am doing!! So, we will just have to see how this goes! :o)

I know that I should have spent the weekend doing all kinds of things that should be done around the house... but alas - my craft room calls! I had just gotten back from vacation last week - and then jumped right back into work... so this weekend I wanted to PLAY! I mean, afterall... the house isn't too bad - right? Actually - I think that I am the only one that really cares about how the house looks anyway! So - craft room here I come!

I am going to participate in a Christmas craft boutique in November, so I find myself always on the look out for things to make. So, the first thing I made this weekend is a little "tooth fairy" tin that you can put a tooth in. It was very fun to make. I have a few different ones. I found really cute tooth fairy scrapbook paper... but some of it was thick, so the lid is hard to put on. Then I came up with this idea. I created this on the computer and printed it. The paper is thinner and the lid goes on no problem! The inside bottom is lined. What do you think?

The other creative thing I did this weekend was make this flip album. I used a Stampin' Up scrapping kit - which is great since it has patterned paper and card stock stickers that all go together! The base is covered chip board. You can actually put 14 pictures in this flip album! I had a lot of fun coming up with the "pages" - and totally want to make similar ones!!
Well - I suppose this is enough for my very first blog entry ever!! Signing out for now... and have a great one!!
....E

No comments: